Tuesday 8 October 2013

Letting agents 'key for expat landlords'


Many landlords employ the services of a letting agent solely to take the time and hassle out of owning rental properties. This is particularly true for individuals who live abroad but still want to receive a source of income from the homes they own in the UK. An example of this type of landlord is Eric Bowman, who has recently told the Telegraph how using a letting agent allows him to manage his rental portfolio in Haverhill, Suffolk while living in Estonia. 

"It requires a fair amount of trust, but my lettings agent deals with everything. I couldn't do it on my own," he commented. 

Mr Bowman claimed his agency takes care of all aspects of his managing his properties, meaning all he has to do is reply to their emails, thus allowing him to focus his attention elsewhere. He told the news provider he trusts his letting agent to such an extent that he hasn't visited the homes he owns in nine years.


Applegate Lettings manage many properties for overseas landlords, making it as easy as possible for them to rent out their properties whilst living abroad. An example of one of our own is Michael, a private landlord using Applegate for the first time as an overseas landlord. He had this to say about our services:

"I was and am still amazed at how easy Applegate have made it for me whilst living abroad. I hadn't broached the idea of renting out my property for several years thinking that it would be a very complicated nightmare but my experience so far with Applegate managing my property has been nothing short of easy. They pointed me in the right direction for all the HMRC paperwork that comes hand in hand with renting from abroad and when dealing with all aspects of my property they contact me by text and email as requested to avoid expensive phone calls. It has all worked out great!"


Source: www.rman.co.uk
Image: Jasmin Awad

No comments:

Post a Comment